Thursday, October 15, 2009

Acceptance

Acceptance is the first step on yoga.

Acceptance of your self & your world.

Lets take the case of your body. Acceptance of its strenghts & abilities as well as its limitations & lack. Very often with my students i have seen that they keep comparing with others or complaining of their shortcomings. Just pause & ask your self "How is that going to help?". ok, now think about this - if i get to know & understand my body & my mind, i can then begin to fashion it to the way i want to be. So, i need to spend time to gauge, understand & know myself. I can do this by observing, listening & feeling my body & mind. I can only do this if I am quiet enough to see, hear & feel. Now, if your gonna be thinking of a lack or about others, how will you do your own assessment?? while practising engage your entire being, body & mind, on what you are doing, feeling & listen carefully. This will not only give you valuable knowledge abt yourself but you will also enjoy the session.

Taking this concept further, try acceptance of your life- exactly as it is right now. Acceptance of everyone around you - your family, friends, neighbours, collegues, boss.

try this during your next session & see it you feel any differently. Happy practise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment